Did you know that recycling aluminium uses just 5% of the emissions and energy needed to produce it from bauxite? Aluminium can be recycled again and again without any loss of properties, thus incorporating aluminium recycling habit in your business is the best thing you do for the environment and your company.
How is Aluminium Recycled?
Recycling aluminium is a simple and basic process because it has a non-sticky surface that does not absorb anything. Here are the steps involved in the recycling of aluminium cans.
- The aluminium cans are destroyed, shredded, along with removing any coloured labels or coatings, if any.
- The cans are then melted in a huge furnace.
- The molten metal is poured in casts to let it set. Each cast can be made into a number of new cans.
What are the Benefits of Recycling Aluminium Cans?
Aluminium is one of the most highly-utilised metals, which makes it extremely significant to recycle aluminium cans and products. Below are some major advantages of recycling aluminium:
- Saves Resource Depletion – Aluminium is produced from natural raw-material called bauxite. While bauxite is available in plenty, the mining process of digging huge pits in the ground to obtain bauxite is harmful to nature, stripping of natural vegetation and soil away from wildlife. Recycling aluminium eliminates this process and allows already mined aluminium to be used again.
- Saves Energy – Recycling aluminium saves about 90% of the energy used in extracting aluminium from its bauxite ore. So, the energy you use in producing 2 aluminium cans is equal to what can be used to manufacture 60. It is about time we “go green” and look for energy saving methods, by putting a lesser strain on the environment.
- Reduces Greenhouse Emissions – Producing aluminium from bauxite ore gives off carbon dioxide as a by-product. It is estimated that aluminium and carbon dioxide are produced in equal amounts during this process. When released in the atmosphere, carbon dioxide can be really harmful. Just imagine the amount of damage to the environment you would be saving when you go for recycling aluminium cans.
- Reduces Landfills – Every metal that is not recycled or thrown away will either end up in the landfills or the scrapyard. But, reusing aluminium minimises landfills, which eventually aids the environment. Recycling aluminium cans makes sure that our natural resources are saved and fewer quantities of fresh aluminium are produced.
Just by recycling an aluminium can that was once meant for the landfill or scrapyard, you are contributing to a cleaner and a better environment. It is a win-win situation for both – your business and our environment.
Whether you are looking for a trash compactor, shredder or baler for your business, Orwak Compactors is here to help! Our sole aim is to provide businesses with recyclables to waste less and recycle more. To find out more about our range of balers and compactors in Melbourne, get in touch with one of our team members today! Call us today at (03) 8792 9777.